I think I intended to say 70's rather than 60's.
There were some good cars in the 60's. Much better than they were later.
For example, a 68 Chevy Impala is still a nice car in my opinion, but I don't want a 73 or 74 version.

And yes, I am amazed at what the little 4 cylinders do these days too. My wife has an 07 Accord with the 4 cylinder. She wishes she had the V6 but I am afraid she will do herself in with the 4. She drives that thing like it was Nascar.

Randy