My suggestion. If you have found a competent cobbler, in todays
marketplace, give him a huge tip, adopt him/her as your long lost child,
and NEVER let them move away or retire.

Well built shoes are becoming more rare every day. People to repair them
properly and keep them well built are even more rare.

Good Luck !!

Grant..
Who walks on his feet still most days.