It would have crapped out in a cold spell anyway, now you (will) have both new.

--R

On 1/3/13 6:22 PM, dsereta...@yahoo.com wrote:
For the past month or so my battery hasn't been holding a charge very well.
It's 8 plus years old so I figured it was failing plus I had to use a booster
pack to start it up yesterday. So anyway, I bought a new battery and installed
it today.  I then drove up to Maine from Boston and at the end of the trip
noticed that the instrument cluster lights were dim. I then noticed that the
headlights were also dim. Duh, it's a failed alternator. My old battery was
probably just fine! Shoulda performed a load test! Time to call the Q.

Sent from my iPhone