That my friend, was AWESOME!

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bob Rentfro
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 5:10 PM
To: Mercedes mailing list
Subject: [MBZ] Merry Christmas, Friends

My apologies to Mr. Moore:

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the list
Blockheaters were plugged in...cold weather persists.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that packages from Rusty soon would be there.

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of 240Ds (4 speed, of course) danced in their heads.
And mamma in her 'kerchief and a beautiful corsage,
Knew I was getting ready to go to the garage .

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
It sounded like an OM 617 with something the matter.
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
I tripped over a jackstand now I'm bleeding from a gash.

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow
Made me think the POS cars in the yard could get up and go.
Then, what to my wondering eyes should I see,
But a perfectly maintained mid-'80s 190D.

With a little old driver, I don't need a sleuth,
I knew in a moment it's Herr Doktor Booth.
More rapid than eagles his advice he dealt out,
And he whistled, and waved, and started to shout!

"Change fluids, change coolant! Changes filters, Change fuses!
Replace all those hoses from which something oozes!
>From the highly waxed roof, to the three pointed star!
Now do these thing, do these thing...take car of your cars!"

As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,
Which always seem to end up in your garage, my oh my.
So into the garage Herr Doktor Booth flew,
With a bag full of tools and a timing chain too.

And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the drive
Several other listers who soon had arrived.
I went to the car as quick as I could,
But Herr Doktor Booth was already 'neath the hood.

He was dressed in a coverall , from his head to his foot,
And his clothes were all tarnished with M1 and soot.
A bundle of tools he had flung on his back,
They were so complete..I was taken aback.
He said,"Your engine's so dirty I think I might wretch!
The valves are all wack, look at this chain stretch !

This thing is a wreck, many PMs you have missed
Have you learned nothing in your years on the list?"
.

He was fixing fuel hoses that were all out of kilter,
"I need a hand with this wretched inline filter!".
And then barreling in as if on que,
Were Kaleb, Chris and Casey and the Dons (OK and LT) too !

The work in my garage was making me dizzy,
Everyone was keeping incredibly busy!
Seeing all these good friends from so far away,
Working so hard..made me wish I were...able to serve them frosty brews

They spoke not a word, but went straight to their work,
And torqued everything with the wrench (Nm, of course) with a jerk.
And then waving his hands like the big rappers do,
He said,"Let's roll fellers, our work here is through!"

He sprang to his 190D, all Christmas arrayed ,
And they all piled in like Shriners in a parade.
But I heard him exclaim, as I puffed my Christmas cigar,
"Happy Christmas to all, and TAKE CARE OF YOUR CARS!"

Bob Rentfro

'77 300D 145K

Litchfield Park, AZ