I have never felt the need to have a gun, but I respect the rights of those who
do as long as they act responsibly with them, which I believe is about 99% of
the (legal) owners.

We had guns in the house as a kid, but we all had to take a gun safety course
when we were fairly young, maybe 10-12 years old if memory serves me correctly.

I don't fear them, I just don't have a need for one nor do they interest me.

Dan