Max Dillon wrote:

Republicans control the house, no national gun control measure will be passed.

John Boner controls the house. Republican In Name Only at best.
Legislators far more Constitution friendly than Boner (Chuck Grassley, for example) have already voiced support for a magazine ban. We've got a fight on our hands if we don't want the usual "compromise" to happen (their idea of compromise is they give us no new rights and we lose fewer of our rights than they originally proposed to take).

Mitch.