Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:13:12 -0600
From: OK Don <okd...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT - pickem-up trucks

The ML averages 21mpg. I got 25 once with a 40-50mph tailwind over 200+
miles, but that was only once. A pickup is going to get about the same. I
have a small trailer now (converted small boat trailer) that I built when
my only car was the MGA.

I'll probably install an external fuel tank in the truck to haul gas for
the airplanes (mogas STC). If I fly as much as I hope to, the savings in
fuel will pay for the truck in three years! (mogas @ $3/gal vs. AVgas @
$6/gal). Pumping fuel with an elecrtic pump and filter out of a tank is
much easier than lifting and pouring from 5 gal cans (what I do now). I'm
not impressed with the hand crank pumps and a 55gal barrel - fuel
contamination waiting to happen.

So, pickup truck it is. Which one is yet to be decided. We'll start test
driving them next week and see what we like, and shich dealers are most
willing to negotiate.

Perhaps Curt needs my ML ???