Yes, it's premium only, but does have computers running everything, so you
might get away with lower octane fuel. However, the price difference isn't
really that much - so I don't sweat it.

I always figured that the low range gearing was for when you needed to back
out!

I think the towing capacity is rated at 5,000 lbs, but I'll have to go get
the owners manual to be sure. See: http://4x4abc.com/ML320/tow.html

I'm sure we can work something out - and you travel enough that you're
likely to end up close enough one of these days  :-)  Remember, the first
public appearance of the ML was in Jurrastic Park!

--
OK Don
2001 ML320