I purchased a 280SE 3.5 coupe that the seller emphatically admonished me NOT
to restore because it was a daily driver that had been modified over the
years....  I undertook a restoration anyway that took about 7 years and
plenty o' cash.  In the end, I have a wonderful driving car that is not so
perfect that it stays in the garage, but still looks fabulous, and because
prices for this model have been trending up on ebay, I might even be able to
get back what I put into it if and when I decide to sell.