No the new ones are much better and easier to use....not to mention safer....,
BUT you will pay $$$$ for them.  I think I paid $200 in 1985 for mine (BTW,
it's a 1971, not 69), and it cost about $235 brand new in 1971 which is about
$1300 in today's dollars.

Every time I take mine in for service, the owner down at the Arien's dealer ups
his trade offer.  The latest one was $300, but I really don't want to spend
another 600-900 for something I really don't need.

Here is the latest comparable model

http://brunswick-home-garden-shop.ariensstore.com/seriespage/deluxe/?uid=debae84b-6cbd-4d13-9609-7e631e7c6295&vid=88fe12c2-35da-4fd3-b528-ae454dc96e01&promocode=DEF&vcd=_anceneneaera&lidx=0

They do make a slightly smaller version for a little less money.

Jon

"Mechanized snow machinery is always authorized in the household budget."