From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of OK Don
Sent: Sunday, March 03, 2013 8:30 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Leaky master cylinder?

I built a pressure bleeding unit as Gerry described, minus the bar stock
clamp. I used an old MB brake fluid cap that I got from Kaleb. It worked
fine on the ABS systems in 124 and 126 cars at 12 - 15 psi. No problems at
all.
If you're going to use the mity-vac system, remove, clean , and wrap the
bleeder valves with teflon tape to keep them from leaking air when open.
I've used all the methods - pumping the pedal, mity-vac, and pressure. I'll
be using the pressure system from now on - too easy, single person, simple
and effective. If you put a ½ inch piece of drinking straw in the resevoir
side of the cap, you can siphon the excess brake fluid out after bleeding
by just opening the sprayer - relieving the pressure - before you remove
the cap. No muss, no fuss.

--
OK Don
2012 Passat TDI DSG