I have no problems with the fan clutch or the cooling system. In this climate
you want everything to be working at its peak, as efficiencies really kick in
when you have 98F ambients with 100% humidity, that's all.

It has been my understanding that the fluid can leak out slowly over the life
if the vehicle, so I would expect that on a vehicle that is approaching 20
years and nearly 250,000 miles that the fan clutch is probably in need of being
topped off.

It has also been my finding that the oil used is 10,000 CST, so that is what I
will use to top off. Thanks, Hendrick.

I will also be installing an 1.1k ohm resistor across the fan sensor to lower
the aux fan threshold to around 90C or thereabouts.

All of this is proactive in anticipation of the normal summer temps around
here, that's all.

A flush and fill with the new blue coolant and a new thermostat while I'm
there, too.

Dan who wishes to be cool this summer