Dan Penoff wrote:
I can get a URO mount for under $40 plus shipping. For that small of a difference, why bother? Not to mention I KNOW the quality of the part I am getting from the dealer.
You KNOW the quality of the URO part, too.

http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/tech-help/280783-opinion-aftermarket-uro-brand-m103-fan-clutch-bracket.html

Gerry wrote:
Before the internet, I made friends with Indies and often discussed parts quality. I'd order good parts from them and let them make a few dollars. If I did get cheated on parts of any kind, I'd charge it up to "education" and never complain to the seller unless it was a major item.

Had a high school classmate who was a good typist and an unforgettable straight-faced liar. His excuses for missed assignments and all the derring-do he got into were legendary. When we graduated during the post-war recession in 1947, there were literally "no" jobs for high school graduates in the backwater port city of Tampa, so he went to New York and got a job answering calls and typing replies to unhappy customers.

About a year later he came back for a visit with a pocket full of money driving a "new" Chevrolet. One of our classmates, who had been making concrete roof tiles in the hot summer sun, asked Dave if he could get him a job with his company. We were all about half drunk then and Dave replied: "Pete, you can't lie well enough."

The following quote from the above link about Uro parts reminded me of Dave:

"I would also like to mention that I looked up our warranty rate for our entire line of fan bearing brackets and found that our warranty rate is 0.2%. I can't imagine everybody out there is willing to re-work the part if it doesn't fit. Without getting your part back there's no way to know it's even our part in question. We're a very easy company to deal with and had one of our distributors called with this problem we would have gotten the part back and a replacement would have been issued. If there's anything else we can do or you want to send the part back to us for a replacement, please let me know."
Daniel Seeman

Gerry.....
"Cheat me once, shame on you; cheat me twice, shame on me."