Tell that to my wife...

Seriously, her mom had one of hers done about 4 years ago, at which time she
would have been about 70. She had three weeks of inpatient care because my
father in law just isn't capable of caring for her. She recovered well and was
pretty much back to speed or close to it in a month or two.

The wife is just freaking out over the surgery itself and the post op pain she
expects. I'll be doing the drill sergeant thing with her along with three times
a week home visits from the PT people. I'm expecting a fairly rapid recovery.

As for knees, I have a work associate who is a major league pussy get his knee
done over the holidays last December. He is still on "light duty" until May,
courtesy of his doctor. The guy is nowhere near impaired at this point if you
ask me. However, he still uses his handicapped sticker every day and avoids any
and all physical exertion.

That being said, I am surrounded by many "public employees", as it were, so you
see a fair amount of working of the system.

Dan

Sent from my iPad