How do you see out??

I find, as I get older, that I need more light than I used to. For example, I have a difficult time reading street signs in the dark and finding house numbers. There ought to be a requirement that houses have numbers that are large and lighted. I don't like having to walk up people's sidewalks in order to see what the house number is - and I am not really at risk of being shot like I might be down south where you are. I know that tinted windows don't help. I can usually see the street signs better if I roll down the window and look out without the glass, even though my windows are not tinted dark.

Randy