hi Randy!

there's lots of fiddly little bits of decades-old plastic in there, and even though i was as careful as i could be tearing it apart and reassembling it, i feel like a lot of the fact that i didn't really break anything wasn't just that i was really careful, it was just sheer dumb luck. and frankly, as precious as my time is, i couldn't charge enough to make it worth my while to take the risk of being liable for replacement of anything i were to screw it up.

if i were to terminally screw up something of my own, that's one thing, as i'm the one who suffers the consequences of my (mis)deeds. were i to terminally screw up something of someone elses, i'd feel liable for it, and i'm just not in a position where i could replace anything i might break on something like these.

cheers!