Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 09:33:00 -0400
From: Mitch Haley <m...@voyager.net>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: The case for banning hammers and registering
    owners

Andrew Strasfogel wrote:
> Yeah, I had a warm goop shower.  Felt REAL nice!
>
> Both accumulators were changed recently (last couple of years).  I am
> beginning to wonder whether the hydropneumatic struts themselves are the
> problem.  They don't leak, but I am not getting any cushioning going over
> potholes and there is nothing else to blame.  Any way to test their
> resiliency (if that's the word)?

The original accumulators were good for 5 years or so. The new ones are
somewhat
variable.

The only way you'll get cushioning out of the struts is from the rubber mounts,
unless there is air trapped in them somehow.

I seem to recall something wrong with the way the work was done a couple of
years ago but don't remember details.

Mitch.