Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Good morning.  I would appreciate your assistance.

My mechanic advised me that there is wetness by all my fuel injectors on my

1999 Mercedes E300 Turbodiesel and he advised me to buy the rubber seals or

they may be called o-rings to fix my fuel injector leak.  Yesterday, I

purchased the below parts from a local Mercedes Parts Department:

6 each, 017-997-41-48, Sealing Ring, also known as a Rubber Ring

6 each, 004-997-45-40, Seal Ring, also known as a Fuel Injector Nozzle
Holder

Washer

Can you confer with one of your Mercedes Service Repair Technicians with

Diesel Experience whether I purchased the correct parts?

Originally, I purchased 6 each, 601-017-00-60, Seal Ring, and my mechanic

advised that this was not the correct part number and it should be a rubber

o-ring type of part.  I have researched on Mercedes Forums and I understood

that Mercedes Part numbers 017-997-41-48 and 004-997-45-40 are the typical

culprits that cause fuel injector leaks; however, I am not an expert in
these

matters.  I hope that you can help me.  Thanks.

David