Topsider was used twice to do it at home.  I finally just had my indy take care
of the issue and stopped running high BioD concentrations.

These engines are also known to weld in the #6 glow plug.  I have had the head
off twice to get that dealt with in a decade.  The first time was due to cross
threading, which repeated the error induced by the prior repair to that glow.
That was repaired and retapped, and for unknown reasons, maybe carbon, it
sealed itself in again.  Past January the car was in the shop for three dead
glow plugs (and #6 had failed) so they all came out with the head having to
come off and more tapping and the admonition that the GP should probably be
tweaked once a year to keep it free.  New exhaust manifold gasket each time.

clay