Some of the clamps are stainless steel, too.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gerry Archer" <arche...@embarqmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2013 6:34 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 8 Water Pipe Clamp - Bing Images

When I bought the '83 300D in 2000 it had a 1" hole in the back muffler. I wrapped a piece of roofing valley (flexible aluminum metal) around the muffler and over the hole, and put two or three daisy-chained stainless clamps around it. 100K miles later it's still there and doesn't leak. IIRC Wiltons clamps are also made of aluminum. Aluminum valley comes in a roll, isn't very expensive, and can be very useful for a number of repair jobs. I once pop-riveted several layers of it in a rusted out floor pan; hammering it to shape with a rubber mallet. It was still there several years later when I junked the car.
Gerry

From: "WILTON" <wilt...@nc.rr.com>
Well, 'looks like the link for entire page went; 2 or 3 possibilities shown on this page from fairly light to robust examples. They come in different lengths and diameters, of course. I've used a 2-inch one maybe 3 inches long on a 2-inch drain pipe. Visit plumbing supply house or Lowe's and explore the selections.

Wilton
----- Original Message ----- From: "WILTON" <wilt...@nc.rr.com>