Yep. I'm all for a national sales tax but only *_IF _*the 16th amendment is repealed. If not, sure as i love my MB, we'd soon be taxed both with a sales and income tax. I can hear it now, "We need to do it for the children." or just as likely "We need to pass this bill to find out what's in it." Give me a break..... puulease.

one more thing on taxes and I'll stop - Everyone uses the infrastructure. Everyone enjoys the protection of the military. with those 2 things in mind, everyone should share in the expense - which I believe a National Sales Tax or Flat tax would do - no deductions, etc. While the real estate PAC's (as well as others) will wring their hands and say people will no longer be able to afford homes, but imo the pacs would better use their time to educate prospective buyers by telling them they'll be paying less overall taxes so they'll be better to afford higher payments. Along with repealing the 16th Amendment, the states should follow suit and repeal all taxes except for a statewide sales tax - no more Personal Property tax, real estate tax, auto tax, gas tax, tolls, etc. -- there are so many embedded taxes we cannot possible keep them all straight. The tax situation in this country (and others too I am sure) is so muddled as to be completely impossible to decipher.

LarryT

LarryT