> Randy Bennell <rbenn...@bennell.ca> wrote:
>
> My car - 76 115 300D - has a rattle in the sunroof when it is
> partially open.
> I don't normally open it up very far except at night as I don't like
> the sun shining in on me. I open it an inch or two to act as a vent
> but that is about it.
> However, when I do that it rattles.
> Is this the nature of the beast or is there likely something in there
> that needs attention?

Is that a manual sunroof?  The manual sunroof has a rubber roller that
runs up a ramp to lock the roof open (I think).  On one of mine (S123),
those rollers have lost their rubber so just the metal hub remains.
This makes it impossible to get the tensions adjustment right and so it
always rattles when open.

I don't know if the W115 is similar or not...

--   Philip