Brian wrote:
> This is more fun than fretting about your problems.  It is a more live for
> today society than a live for tomorrow society.

Yabbuttt...
The live for today society is failing to consider many aspects related
to live for today.  Stress and worry take their toll on people.
Without debt, some stress happens but it might be less than with debt.
Responsibility is what is needed rather than live for today.  Live for
today is all Beatles/Jethro Tull/Grateful Dead/Rolling Stones/Bob
Dylan/etc. - the fruits of those efforts are probably more live for
today society than we want to analyze or admit.
Perhaps if more of us could deny our "need" to consume we might arrive
at the reality that we can live like JFK gave us - Ask not what your
country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.  If the
govt does all the terrorist, tax, war, security, banking, education,
legislative, medical, social - we need more government at costs that
nobody is willing to want.  Therefore, we need to step up to
responsibility and take care of many of these things as local
individuals together.  These things have been done by individuals
together in the past - no reason we can't do it again, but we don't -
live for today society rules.  Sound too Ayn Rand? - maybe, but it
should sound more like DIY
mao