Well I went over to my dads where I stashed the car and loaded it up on the trailer. Decided to use the 6.2 suburban instead of the usual 1 ton 6.5 turbodiesel to haul it back home. Boy is there a difference in towing. With the 6.5 turbo, I dont even know there is a fully loaded trailer hooked on the back. With the 6.2, I know its there. Still tows fine though. Anyways, back to the 380. Barely had enough power to load on the trailer. Once home, I took the air cleaner off and fired her up. Of course wouldnt rev up past about 2k in neutral. Brought out the gas can and just putting the nozzle over the throttle body cause it to be able to rev up. just from the fumes. Poured a couple of drops down it and she revved all the way up. The conclusion is the filter has to be plugged up. I guess running it so lean trying to keep up speed was enough to superheat the exhaust. Doesnt appear anything is wrong with the exhaust that I can tell.
--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE, 85 300D,