Good to know that you have it figured out!

Trampas

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Kaleb C. Striplin
Sent: Sunday, January 01, 2006 2:04 PM
To: Mercedes mailing list; Banned List
Subject: [MBZ] the warp drive mystery

Well I went over to my dads where I stashed the car and loaded it up on
the trailer.  Decided to use the 6.2 suburban instead of the usual 1 ton
6.5 turbodiesel to haul it back home.  Boy is there a difference in
towing.  With the 6.5 turbo, I dont even know there is a fully loaded
trailer hooked on the back.  With the 6.2, I know its there.  Still tows
fine though.  Anyways, back to the 380.  Barely had enough power to load
on the trailer.  Once home, I took the air cleaner off and fired her up.
  Of course wouldnt rev up past about 2k in neutral.  Brought out the
gas can and just putting the nozzle over the throttle body cause it to
be able to rev up. just from the fumes.  Poured a couple of drops down
it and she revved all the way up.  The conclusion is the filter has to
be plugged up.  I guess running it so lean trying to keep up speed was
enough to superheat the exhaust. Doesnt appear anything is wrong with
the exhaust that I can tell.
--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  89 560SEL, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE, 85 300D,