Rich removed it from an MB in a salvage yard in Charleston, SC, area. He'll hafta remind us what car it was. I don't remember.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: <dsereta...@yahoo.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2013 10:58 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Trunk Triangle Source?

How did you get an aluminum replacement lid? Which cars came with those?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 28, 2013, at 7:19 PM, "WILTON" <wilt...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

Dan, little over a year ago, a vandal ruined original steel trunk lid on my '91 350SDL (126); replacement lid is aluminum and would fly up dangerously when unlocked (could really hurt somebody by striking them under the chin). I weighed it down with appropriate number of old lead tire weights in plastic sandwich bags hidden and tucked into the lid structure between outer skin and the inner structural members.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Penoff" <d...@penoff.com>