Vib damper on my '80 240D was poorly secured with 5 or 6 smaller bolts; some came out; others sheared; damper and pulley finally came off and dropped SWMBO on road; long distance truck driver gave her lift to a phone. 'Think the car had about 60 kmi then - my second MB disappointment; first was when exhaust pipe broke apart at rear end of muffler at 40 kmi. Third was when timing chain in '91 350SDL broke at 89 kmi.

Wilton

Yeah, I had that happen too. Fortunately, I was able to turn those stubs out from below also. 6 bolts 8mm x 25 or 30 mm bolts. Not sure about the length. could be 35.