You need to get it away from that "mechanic" before he has your harness
cut, spliced and f'ed up.  He has no clue what he is doing.  The glow plugs
should do that.  They have in every one I have owned.

Garages these days!  Can't even find one around here that can balance tires
right.  Literally, weights fell off the last time.

Mike