Kevin

If tension is ok in wiper blade arms, clean windshield real well with a sponge and warm dish soap water. Use elbow grease. Rinse with warm water. Repeat. Windex using a clean rag may work too. Get a new set of Bosch blades or clean the tips of your old ones with clean soapy water. Then take a clean rag and spray 303 Aerospace protector on it and run the rage up and down the tip of the wiper blades.

I have Bosch blades which are aproaching three years and 80K miles which are still holding up. Hope this helps.

Regards Tom Scordato Bellefonte PA
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:21 PM
Subject: [MBZ] Windshield can't be wiped?

I don't know what's wrong with my windshield, but the wiper will not
clear the water off of it. It just kind of smears it around. This is with
wipers of 3 different brands, including Bosch and Napa's teflon
blade. There is good spring tension pressing down on the blade.

Could there be some kind of chemical on my windshield making this
happen? Maybe an old dose of "RainX?" Maybe car wash liquid
wax? Is there any way to get it off?

Sorry to pester everyone with such a dumb question.

Kevin

'91 300D 156000 mi
'84 300TD 216000 mi
:`( '87 190D RIP and sold to Mitch