Most people don't know anything about their car, they want it to start and run
and go and get them there and back. Reliability is way more important than
cheap feel...

-Curt

Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 13:25:17 -0400
From: dsereta...@yahoo.com
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Wheel bearing fiasco.

A 90 LS400 feels like a tin can compared to any Mercedes of the same era. I
remember when Lexus first came out back then. I checked out the LS400 in the
dealership and was far from impressed. The doors felt light and cheap as did
the plasticky interior and cheap leather.
I understand how Japanese cars have come a long way and may be quite reliable
but IMO, reliability is the only thing they have to offer. They still have an
underlying cheapness about them. I further dislike how they lag behind Mercedes
just enough to copy all the technological and styling advances that MB makes
then copy what works. And don't get me started on the whole Toyota safety
cover-up some years back.