Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 17:22:11 -0400
From: "Gerry Archer" <arche...@embarqmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] New car expensive parts. was: my kinda car

What's the aftermarket parts situation on Japanese cars, Gary? Which model
has the largest "installed base"?  Camry?  Accord?  Civic?  ????
One disturbing factor about new and initially less troublesome cars is the
cost of the electronic modules that seem to run everything; engine,
transmission, etc., etc.  If cheaper aftermarket modules were available for
when the car gets a few years older, I'd probably buy a new, trouble free
car primarily for the purpose of making out-of-county trips.  These old
Mercedes are great locally, but a breakdown on a long trip could get very
expensive with days in a motel.
Gerry