eh? (i'm going to give this the benefit of the doubt that this isn't just blatant trolling,... once.)

i don't know where in California your sister lives, but in a state as large as California i don't doubt that you might find "some" who have a bias against anything you can name. i can assure you that in my fairly extensive travels of California, i have found no place where there is what i would call "a significant bias", and would suggest that those who may have such a view are by far in the minority. if you have a sister who truly believes as you suggest, perhaps your sister needs to get out more,...? ;-)

cheers!