Is there any way you might splice a finishing nail, or section thereof, maybe, to each jaw of your snap ring pliers (or other right angle pliers) to increase the reach? Do you have any wire (steel or copper) for binding a splice?

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Penoff" <d...@penoff.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2013 12:28 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Diagnosis Confirmation, Please, now HELP?

Here is where we're at:

I have the pulley off and can see the snap ring that holds the clutch coil on. However, I don't have enough room to get a snap ring pliers into the center of the coil to get at the snap ring. I have a right angle set of snap ring pliers, but they're not long enough to reach.

I see a set at HF that has removable "bits" but it doesn't look like they are that long. I may go that route and see if I can fabricate a set of "bits" that will reach into the recess.

It's a damned tight spot to work in, and there's very little room to maneuver tools around, not to mention I'm having to work with a light and mirror at the same time.

If it wouldn't be such a PITA, I would pull the radiator so I could get a straight shot at it.

Suggestions, PLEASE!!

Thanks,

Dan