My Rolls didn't have any stinkin' slats.  ;<)

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Frederick Moir" <fredy4.s...@yahoo.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 4:12 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Truck for Jamie

Randy.
Long ago and far away in Europe, UK especially, flaps, blinds, mobile louvers and cardboard behind the grill, were common on cars.
Fancier cars got more sophisticated devices, of course.
Rolls Royce had the vertical slats in the grill moved by a thermo-bulb in the radiator header tank, for instance. Saab 96's, and others, had a roller blind in front of the radiator, controlled by a chain from the drivers seat.

Fred Moir
Lynn MA
Diesel preferred.