So back when an a-bomb was accidentally dropped right near where Milton lives. Yesterday's WSJ had a book review of a new book about bomb accidents, mostly missile explosions that expelled the warheads, and caused various other problems. It also mentioned this incident and suggested the package was still where it fell and buried itself, though I find that hard to believe. Anyway, now a report saying NC almost got nuked then. I guess Milt would be living outside the exclusion zone, or maybe in full Mad Max mode by now.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/20/usaf-atomic-bomb-north-carolina-1961

--R