hi all!

high winds in our area last night had lots of stuff flying around on the highway, and i happened to pick up a piece of something that destroyed parts of the grille of our '85 300D. it looks like the majority of the damage was restricted to the grey plastic grille that sits inside of the main outer frame surround, and perhaps a few more dings in the chrome decorative strips. i couldn't find any MBZ logos or P/Ns of any kind on it, and have my suspicions that this might be an aftermarket piece put on by a previous owner after a 'fender-bender'.

any hints or tips on where and how to get a replacement for a car that doesn't have to be show quality, but is a good regular driver that we're keeping looking fairly nice? should i just bite down and replace the whole grille and frame?

cheers!