Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 15:53:54 -0700
From: ernest breakfield <erne...@backyardengineering.org>
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: [MBZ] W123 grille insert?

hi all!

     high winds in our area last night had lots of stuff flying around
on the highway, and i happened to pick up a piece of something that
destroyed parts of the grille of our '85 300D. it looks like the
majority of the damage was restricted to the grey plastic grille that
sits inside of the main outer frame surround, and perhaps a few more
dings in the chrome decorative strips. i couldn't find any MBZ logos or
P/Ns of any kind on it, and have my suspicions that this might be an
aftermarket piece put on by a previous owner after a 'fender-bender'.

     any hints or tips on where and how to get a replacement for a car
that doesn't have to be show quality, but is a good regular driver that
we're keeping looking fairly nice? should i just bite down and replace
the whole grille and frame?

cheers!