Guy I worked with back in the early 80s grew up in South Bend, and as a young
man worked for Studebaker.  Unfortunately (for him) he got his job about a year
before they went under.

He described the conditions in the plant as people started to figure out the
place was going down the tubes as "comical".  He said they often left their
lunch leftovers in door panels, and on one of the last days, one of his
co-workers relieved his bowels into the door panel of a car.

Guess the dealer that got that car was happy....

Dan