Some FLAPS will loan tools like the BJ press - often for free if you buy at least some parts from them. they usually get a deposit equal to the cost of the tool in case you want to keep it ;-)

around here, Advance Auto and AutoZone both loan tools..

As other mentioned, getting the BJ out with a BFH will work if you find a way to hold it when you whack it. OTOH, putting the new one in requires a little more finis and less BFH as you probably don't want to damage the BJ when installing it You should also have the front end alignment checked afterward so you might be able to get a local shop to press the BJ in for you if you tell him you want him to do the FE alignment when you get it back together.

Good luck - Gee, i wish I had ony mechanical problems and never electrical ones - the mechanical stuff seems so straight forward...

LarryT
91 300D
78 240D