On Nov 19, 2013 9:49 PM, "Alex Chamberlain" <apchamberl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 19, 2013 5:09 PM, "Mountain Man" <maontin....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > ).
> > >

> > You seem to be in this part of the tech world?
> > Go ahead and tell us what the fiasco about healthcare is all about.
> >

> Ha! I'm not touching that one.  Suffice it to say there are both political
> and technical reasons,  from what i've observed, why the state health
> exchanges and healthcare.gov  aren't working.

The fed site reeks of a web site and backend designed by a committee, but
never having been tested as a system under a load.  It's not an uncommon
problem in industry either, though there (hopefully) QA throws up a warning
and the schedule gets slipped or the system rolls out piecemeal.

I had gathered the state sites were doing okay, not that I have tried to
use any.

For a reasonably technical discussion:
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/10/the-seven-deadly-sins-of-healthcare-gov/

Worth reading the comments also, if you are still interested by the end.

Best,
Tim
Driving by during the cold snap :)