On 1/8/06, kayoooh @ gmail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello Listers,
> I am enlisting the help of all of you who bought cars through the web,
> especially eBay.

I agree with others who have voiced their opinion. I have yet to buy a
car via eBay, personally. But I've bid on a few. I made sure all of
them were close enough to see without too much trouble. You'll see me
gripe quite a bit about Seattle being 2,274 miles away and across a
desert from Indianapolis. Lot's of good stuff from out there, it
seems.

Either way, I would never buy anything that requires government
intervention (ie title) and licensing via Money Order and UPS. Even if
you don't drive it back and you do contract a hauler to bring it to
you, you should go to the car, check it before you pay, and take the
title directly from Previous Owner.

If it isn't what was represented in the ad, I wouldn't pay for it
either. Sure it will really annoy the PO, but if the thing is sitting
on blocks and has rust in every panel of sheet metal and the pics on
the website are from 5 years ago when it was still running, better to
find out before you have the title signed over to you.

--
Knowledge is power... Power Corrupts. Study hard... Be Evil.