As I said in my earlier post, I know little about computers and it appears some of you do, so I am going to ask for some advice here.

About 3 weeks or more ago my computer screen informed me that my hard drive was failing. I called my computer fellow and he advised it was not likely a scam and came by and got my computer. Within about 3 hours it was back with a new hard drive and the thing cloned so I should not notice any difference.
Seemed to be ok, but now I am getting some issues.

Microsoft had decided that my software is not genuine and I get multiple messages daily advising me that I need to fix it. It won't update either and I don't think that Windows Security Essentials is working. I have tried to follow its directions on how to fix the problem but it will not do it. Initially I was directed to download a file and then it was supposed to download some larger file but it kept stalling out. My computer fellow came by and had a quick look but said it was beyond him and he would send one of his tech guys over. They have not shown up yet. I have tried a number of different times to look online for solutions but so far to no avail.

Anyone know how tI can make Microsoft satisfied that the software is genuine?

I know all that I said above is pretty vague. I also know I have the name of the file that Microsoft wanted met to downloand written down but I cannot lay my hands on it.

The other issue is relatively minor.
I use a title insurance company that lets me fill in the forms and print the policy online. I cannot get it to print. It is something in this computer's settings as I can log in at home and print policies there with no problem.

Randy