On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 08:49:18 +1030 Hendrik and Fay <heni...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> semi-autos are not 'outlaws', however you need to have a very good
> reason to own one.
> And no, needing a semi-auto in case the king of England decides to
> invade is not a good enough reason.
> Actually thinking about it, you have lot have gun restrictions, far as
> I know you can't own a full auto rifle there.

Actually, one can in most States. One has to comply with Federal
regulations. Some States, Washington being one, forbid such ownership.

When my brother and I were cleaning up my father's estate in Oregon, he
took me to a local store that had a firing range and that rented their
Thompson sub-machine gun. We had a blast, but it was quite difficult
being accurate firing more than two or three rounds at once.

Craig