Yup, IIRC, the Alfa and possibly the Fiat 124 Spyder had one handed tops.
The British roadsters were more of a pain to operate, at least up through
the TR4, MGB.
Having owned and worked on MGs and Triumphs in the '60s and early '70s, and
my son having borrowed a mid-series Miata this summer, I can say that the
Miata is both more fun to drive, and a much more refined automobile. An
older MG is more like a stripped down 240D (with no AC or power anything)
that you have to tune every weekend and repair frequently. Don't even count
on the elecrtical system working!

Wilton, there is a big difference between a hole in the roof, and having no
roof at all! Much better without a roof than having a hole in one - BTDT.

--
OK Don
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary