Thanks,

If I get it right, you have a :

10 hp gas engine generator, running at 3600 RPM, 110/220 v, 60 cycle
generator. The engine runs OK..

The generator does not produce it's rated 6KV.

If it is a brush type, it could be the brushs failed, thus no contact to
transfer the electricity generated.

If it is an alternator type, it still may have a brush comutator [under the
little rectangle box at the end would be likely], if that brush has failed,
or has poor contact, the exciter for the alternator would not get "excited"
and you wouldn't make power. [perhaps, It may not be the system you have]

Coleman has a support center.  With model number /serial number
information, give them a call.  I bet they have the full data book in their
system somewhere.

Good luck,

Grant...