Sometimes naming a vehicle is more than just fun -- it has actually
become necessary. Since I am a person through whose life has passed a
great number of "needful things"--most of them vehicular of some sort, I
have become a steady customer on a first-name basis at the motor vehicle
registrar's desk, the insurance agent's office and the NAPA parts store
counter naming just a few. In order to accurately refer to each of these
possessions efficiently, my wife and I must use the names we have
developed based on the most quirky characteristics of the vehicle in
question. And since once I have acquired any random needful thing, rarely
will it have to worry about ever being sold -- I just line them up and
use them for parts to keep something else alive. So for some of us at
least it is much more than a "silly anthropomorphism" --it is a way of
life. So there......