Euan wrote:
I agree with Marshall's remedies for screeching wipers.

Not long after I fitted brand new wiper assemblies to my wagon (the old ones
had been endlessly bent and reshaped by my efforts to stop chronic
screeching), one of them began to screech again. The fix was a simple twist
to ensure that the blade swept the glass at the same angle in both
directions.
You could also try crimping the little paired clamps which hold your rubbers
and stiffeners in place. Over time, they can loosen off. But be careful not
to over-crimp them.

You are using MB blades, aren't you?

I've found little benefit in us MB blades vs using Bosch blades (from one of the McParts stores). In fact, the Bosch blades OFTEN seem fresher.

I've NEVER been able to get any other aftermarket blades to work.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi