OTOH, try and make a crappy car now and it won't sell, thanks to the
internet and rapid dissemination of information among consumers.  This has
really leveled the playing field.  I would argue that 99 percent of new
cars are quite awesome in terms of reliability and technological
advancements.  I'm just too cheap to buy one...

Andrew
Who drives a 1983 335k 300TD and has a newer 295K 1985 300TD in the garage
as a back up.