So when I got home yesterday afternoon the car would not start.  Turned a
little, but died.  I am leaning toward the "battery won't hold a charge"
explanation.  The battery was only slightly drained, jsut enough to prevent
starting.  Tonight I will the glove box door, which I doubt is the
problem.

If it isn't, and there are no other obvious answers, the low hanging fruit
picking approach has me remove the battery and take it to Sears.  They can
test it and if it's unable to take a charge I will simply trade it in for
one of their totally awesome 850 CCA Diehards.  I will from that point live
happily ever after.

Once the battery problem has been solved and I can drive the '85
300TD again, I will start a new thread about whining (it's not what you
think).

Andrew
Who looks forward to warm days so he can fiddle with his garage and two
station wagons.
Go Nats!