From: WILTON <wilt...@nc.rr.com>
Sent: April 3, 2014 9:55:26 AM EDT
To: mercedes list <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] 124 wonky shutdown

Since yesterday morning, my '87 300D has has gotten increasingly hard and slow
to shut down after turning key switch OFF.  By late afternoon yesterday and
this morning, it merely slows way down to barely rotating but continues to
"run" (extremely slowly) with key switch OFF.  I know about the shutoff lever
on the IP, but haven't used it yet.   Last three times, I held brake and put it
in gear and let it "lug" off.  Unable to find any vacuum leak, yet, and tranny
shifting seems normal.  The shutdown seems as if the shutoff valve is partially
closed, but is letting enough fuel to get past it to let the engine continue to
run VERY SLOWLY.  Suggestions?  Shutoff valve on IP not fully actuating?

Wilton